How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29251
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had to take a medical LOA. My Rheumatoligist who is

Customer Question

I have had to take a medical LOA. My Rheumatoligist who is treating me for an unknown polyarthropathy refuses to sign off on my short term disability claim. He claims he is not trained in determaning how long I will be out. Although he did fill out the request for LOA. My PCP also refuses to sign off on it, because they are not treating me for the condition. Who do I turn to now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
That is indeed unfortunate.
You will need to see a PM & R specialist.
physical rehabilitation medicine specialist or a physiatrist.
he is specially trained to determine the extent of disability.
Your doctor an refer you to one.
Or you can contact the nearest hospital for that.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****