Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I hurt my back and have a MRI that shows a depression of my…

Customer Question
I hurt my back and...
I hurt my back and have a MRI that shows a depression of my spine resulting in a 5% loss of heighth. Severe pain with movement. What does this mean? I heard a loud noise as a rifle at time of injury
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/8/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
That means you sustained a vertebral fracture causing loss of height.
Compression fracture can cause pressure on the nerves supplying your back.
In most cases conseevative treatment with back brace, epidural steroid injection can be tried to control the symptoms.
However in some cases you will require surgery to fix the vertebral height and release any pressure on the nerves.
Please consult with a neurosurgeon soon.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****