Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Had a full body bone scan 1.5 years ago. I am having strong…

Customer Question
Had a full body bone...
Had a full body bone scan 1.5 years ago. I am having strong pain all day level 6-9 along with pain if touched - both on 4 spots on my spin and 1 under to left of right shoulder blade. Also side note: no pain - but pain to touch several ribs back and front ( but again they cause no pain at all unless touched). I have had a ton of images in last 6 months. Xray and MRI on all three area of spine. And same with shoulder and CT and MRA there to. My surgeon now suggest bone scan - but I had one 2.5 years ago. It says:
"Whole body and additional images were obtained starting 2 hours
following dose administration.
There is an area of mild 18 FDG uptake in the subtrochanteric region of
the left proximal femur.
No other areas of abnormal radioisotope accumulation are demonstrated.
Specifically, there are no abnormalities in the spine to correlate with
patient's area of pain.
CONCLUSION:
1. Uptake in the left proximal femur, of uncertain significance.
Consider radiographic correlation.
2. Otherwise normal bone scan”
What does that mean? ( no one told me anything showed up when I had the bone scan. Should I get another one now? What is the pain spots on my spin. mid spin and high but still 4-5” below neck? And what is the pain to the left or just under my right shoulder blade?
Thank you!
George LeClaire
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/7/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Sorry for the delay George
Has your doctor suggested any specific cause for your pain?