Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have some type of bug bites on my foot. It is my right…

I have some type of...
I have some type of bug bites on my foot. It is my right foot at the base of the toe one over from my smallest toe and two others on the toe itself. I was bitten yesterday evening but I do not know by what. It has swollen and itched progressively worse all day. It has become so swollen that I can no longer curl my toes. This evening I noticed I now have a pink line from the bite site to my ankle. I have tried a cold pack on it which made it feel better and keeping the foot elevated. Can I wait until Monday to go in? Is there anything else I can do in the meantime?
6/7/2015
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
You can try benadryl and advil tablets together.
That will help with your symptoms.
There is also risk of infection.
And a steroid course will help better if no infection.
Hence, if possible you should go to the ER.
If benadryl and advil do not work, then you should definitely go to the ER.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist