Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am trying to research for the best over the counter

Customer Question
antiviral eye drop to treat...
I am trying to research for the best over the counter antiviral eye drop to treat herpes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
6/6/2015
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
This is Dr. David
if you truly have herpes of the eye, you don't want to use over the counter eye drops
you need to see an eye doctor and get oral antiviral prescription pills and prescription antiviral drops like ganciclovir drops or trifluridine drops
herpes of the eye is very serious and can cause blindness if not properly treated.
why do you think you have herpes of your eye?
Thanks for your help.
I am just really afraid right now... very depressed.
you are welcome
don't be afraid.
do you have any other questions?
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)