Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a pedicure done, and I didn't notice that I had a cut…

I had a pedicure done...
I had a pedicure done, and I didn't notice that I had a cut on my toe. I had my foot in the foot bath, (they use disposable liners that they have to cut to fill the tub for the next client) and I am concerned that I could have caught HIV or Hepatitis from the foot bath.
6/6/2015
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Hello, welcome to the site!
My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.
Why are you concerned about this?
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
I am concerned because I read that the piped pedicure chairs can have viruses and bacteria in them that the liners don't protect against, and the cut was a proper cut.
There are no records of any HIV transmission through this and it is also unlikely you would get hepatitis this way too
Thank you so much, is there anything I should look for while it is healing? Is there a risk for fungus or some other bacterial infection?
No, there is no real risk, so no need to look out for anything
no worry about Staph or anything from the pedicure foot bath water?
No, nothing to worry about
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** great evening!
You're quite welcome