Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I've been having upper abdominal pain in upper left and

Customer Question
I've been having upper abdominal...
I've been having upper abdominal pain in upper left and right sides below my ribs with a metal/iron taste in my mouth. . Also done time I have a sharp pain in my back near my right or left shoulder blade. I don't know if all this pain is caused by one thing. But I need answers please. What's wrong with me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/5/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
I understand your concerns.
Acute pancreatitis can cause upper abdominal pain as well as sharp back pain.
metallic taste in the mouth also may be related.
Pancreas is major digestive organ.
Symptoms with meals will be more apparent.
Besides that, you can have gallbladder problem --inflammation or gallstones.
pain can radiate to back sometimes.
Stomach ulcers another risk for these symptoms.
Liver disease lastly should not be discounted.
Viral hepatitis, livercysts, fatty liver for example.
Please see your doctor and request for blood tests --blood count, metabolic panel, liver function test. ad a bdominal ultrasound or CT scan.
Please follow light meals --low fat food better tolerated.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Thank you so much. This is what I was thinking as well with all my research I've been doing. I will see my doctor asap
Very welcome
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)