Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My wife who is 41 and was diagnosed with liver and

Customer Question
hi my wife who is...
hi my wife who is 41 and was diagnosed with liver and pancreatic tumors and had a whipple procedure three months ago failed a UA at her employer for positive THC - she has been deemed cancer free at three months and is recovering well but now due t positive UA for THC is going to be terminated - she has never used marijuana ever. I have been researching and found that liver disease can casue false positive
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
since she is the main source of our household income and this is a such an important job to her at this stage of her career and life, is there some solid medical research - studies - cases- that we can reference to use to show that her liver / pancreatic conditions caused the false positive and any re-test will likely show same false positive? HELP!!!!
Any attorneys specializing in medical out there that we should contact? any help the community can provide to help us from being chewed up and spit out due to a false test result would be greatly appreciated...
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2015
Health Professional: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Hello,I am forwarding a list of drugs which may show a false positive on urine analysis.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/108168/Why-You-Might-Have-A-False-Positive-Drug-Test is a site which gives details of drugs which may cause false positives.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5527670_prescription-make-test-positive-thc.html is another site of interest.
thank you for the list Dr. Aren but I had found the lists of possible substances that could cause false positives via Google - what I am asking help with is finding medical resources that substantiate or at least suggest that a link exists between diseases of the liver / pancreas such as my wife has been diagnosed with that may explain the false positive THC result she recently experienced.
http://www.rapiddetect.com/can-disease-show-false-positive-a/290.htm is another site which describes liver/kidney disease causing positive drug test for THC.