Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a very large, painful hematoma on my buttocks from a…

Customer Question
I have a very large...
I have a very large, painful hematoma on my buttocks from a fall. The area has been rock hard and swollen for over 2 weeks.There is also numbness along with the pain. It is very difficult to sit as I feel like I'm sitting on a rock. Should I be concerned or will this eventually go away.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/1/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
It seems your requested expert is not on line.
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Hematoma usually gets absorbed over time without much problem.
Initially icing then warm application helps.
As it is large, so it may take a longer time to get absorbed.
Pain from coccyx can cause much discomfort.
You can take a few measures to reduce the pain.
Please avoid prolonged sitting.
Change of sides can help.
You can lean forward while sitting to avoid pressure on the tailbone.
You can also use doughnut cushion or pillow for sitting.
However, if you feel the hematoma is getting larger & pain getting worse with numbness, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor again.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.