Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My lower back is killing me

Customer Question
My lower back is killing me
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
6/1/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
How old are you? Male or female?
Exactly at which area do you feel the pain?
Does it radiate to other area?
When did it start?
Which does aggravate and reduce the pain?
Did you try any measure or medicine or consult doctor?
27yo male with 1 cracked vertebrae and 2 herniated disks. I have been seen for this before and was treated by both pain management and a regular physician. I also saw a physical therapist once a week. I recently lost my job and therefore my insurance which is why I am on here. Almost all movement hurts my lower back and it does radiate down into my outer thighs slightly and my hips/buttocks. I hope this helps
Health Professional: Dr. Charles, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Dear customer,
The other expert has opted out.So I will answer you.
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .
Yes,the pain in lower back you are having because of a cracked vertebrae and 2 herniated disks needs to be treated sooner.
Non surgical treatment options for herniated disc are:Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs),Cold therapy, heat therapy or both,Oral Steroid Medications,Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) delivers a tiny electrical current to key points on a nerve pathway,Epidural Steroid Injections.
Injections of cortisone can be administered directly in the area of nerve compression/inflammation.Your doctor may advise you to wear a back brace or corset for a short time to increase your comfort and help you to regain mobility.
I can understand that you had lost your job & hence the insurance,but you need to make an appointment with your doctor for clinical examination & best treatment accordingly.
Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation & decrease the pain.
Hope this helped
Also please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Thank you! *****
Dr.Charles
Sir I appreciate the info greatly, I am not l
Dear customer
Thank you for the appreciation.
Till you get the appointment with your doctor,take the above described tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter.
And please do not forget to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Thank you! *****
Dr.Charles