Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is there any hope for women like me who have part of their…

Customer Question
Hi is there any hope...
Hi is there any hope for women like me who have part of their clitoris removed to ever find pleasure in sex?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2015
Health Professional: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Genital mutilation may involve partial or complete removal of the clitoris,this is usually done during childhood .in some cases there partial removal of the labia is also involved.there is definite loss of nerve endings located in the clitoris which help with clitoral orgasms.Female sexual function (FSD)is altered due to psychological factors and the defibulation /clitoridectomy done.Studies have shown that orgasms are possible through stimulation of the G-spot found in the anterior vaginal wall,also all erectile tissues/structures necessary for organism may not have been removed.getting rid of anxiety,fear of trauma and pain and having a loving and understanding partner who is gentle and helpful will allow the woman to have sexual orgasms and gratification.Removal of tough hymen,any structural abnormalities like epidemoid cysts and vaginal/urinary infections must be looked for and treated.Adequate foreplay and removal of anxiety remain the key to sexual health.
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/possible-enjoy-sex-after-clitoris-removed is a site of interest.