Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Iv'e been taking these supplements and vitamins together,

Customer Question
Hello, Iv'e been taking these supplements...
Iv'e been taking these supplements and vitamins together, and I was wondering if they interact with each other not giving me maximum results, or if they might cause any side effects. I was looking for some advice on how to take them please.
Thank You.
1.MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZ9K3IE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
2. thyroaid
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OOP7E4M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01
3. adrenal health
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1J8EKI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
4. radiant skin detox
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002791W4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
5. iron and vitamin D tablets
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PGJLRO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GB85JR4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
6. vitamin b12 and iodine both liquid which i add with tangy tangerine in juice.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXFXJ2I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q1TCN40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTU6TJY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
5/30/2015
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Answers provided are for informational use only and don't confer patient-provider relationship. My name is***** and I will do whatever I can to help you.
The problem with supplements is that they are unregulated, so you can't tell for sure that what is in the bottle is what is on the label, and you can't believe all the claims made for the supplement either since they aren't subjected to the strenuous testing and regulations that pharmaceuticals are.
That being said, there can be a risk of overdose with multiple supplements that are said to contain the same thing, such as iron overload from the combination of #1 and #5, too much iodine from combination of #2 and #6. In the United States, it is extremely rare for anyone to need an iodine supplement since there is plenty of it naturally occurring in the foods we eat, as well as in supplemented foods such as iodized salt and in bread.
This product http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q1TCN40?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02 is nothing more than vitamin B12. You can buy a bottle of 200 equivalent B12 tablets at Walmart for less than $5.
This one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTU6TJY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 is nothing but a multivitamin. You can buy better at Walmart for $10.
Most people get all the vitamins and minerals in the foods they eat, and can just take one multivitamin a day if that makes them feel better. It would be a HUGE savings as well, since these supplements are costing $$$. The savings can be used to improve diet so that the use of supplements isn't necessary.
If you suspect thyroid or adrenal issues, your medical provider can run tests to see if there is any vitamin deficiency. Likewise, testing is available to determine iron deficiency. If there isn't any, then additional iron supplements can be dangerous and cause liver damage.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
All the best,
Schuyler
~
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner