Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

16 or so years ago I may have had a encounter. simply do not…

Customer Question
16 or so years...
16 or so years ago I may have had a sexual encounter. simply do not know for sure as may have been drugged. Anyway, in 2010 I was not feeling well and had numerous tests ,blood tests for about everything including all the STDs. I tested negative for all including the rapid test for syphilis and the TPPA test. yet, despite I feel not right though ibuprofen helps. now, my scrotum feels warm, and I urinate frequently at night--I am 66. pain after ejaculation. I have been a blood donor but not now. could I have syphilis
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/29/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Chance of syphilis is unlikely as all of your investigations were normal and these symptoms do not indicate it. Your symptoms are suggestive of;
1) Prostatitis (prostate infection)
2) Benign prostate hypertrophy (age related enlargement of the prostate).
Following investigations should be able to ascertain the cause;
1) Semen culture
2) Urine culture
3) Ultrasound of the prostate and scrotum.
You may need a course of antibiotic like Co-trimaxazole or 2-3 weeks and medications for enlarged prostate.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work.
Thank you.
Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.
Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.
This additional service offer can be used for
- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.
Thank you.