Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I am a teacher, and I am on my feet for at least 5 hours, 30

Customer Question

Hello.
I am a teacher, and I am on my feet for at least 5 hours, 30 minutes each school day. Typically 4 hours and 30 minutes of that time I am not walking around, but standing in basically the same location. My legs typically feel fine during the workday and after work other some slight pain in my left knee because of an old ACL injury that I never had repaired. However, many weekends, when not at work, my legs, especially the calves, and feet will ache. Any thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I as sorry you are having aching in your calves and feet

your aches can be from muscle strain or tendonitis or low potassium or low magnesium levels in your blood stream.

you should see a doctor and get blood testing to check your electrolyte levels

poor circulation into your legs can cause claudication aches and pains in your legs and calves

a doppler ultrasound can check if your circulation into your legs is proper or lacking.

you have to see a doctor to get these tests to check for these issues

do you have a doctor you can see who can check these issues?