Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had pain in my lower pelvic area below where my pubic…

Customer Question
I have had pain in...
I have had pain in my lower pelvic area below where my pubic hair is. I have had this off and on for a few weeks. Sometimes the pain travels down the front of my right thigh.I went to the dr this morning he fave me a steroid shot and told me to take 800mg ibuprofen for 3 days. I am worried it is some kind of blood clot
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/23/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Most likely cause is the pinched nerve pain.
The nerve compression at the lower spine can cause radiating pain.
However, the blood clot risk is also there albeit low.
And the best way to rule that out is by a doppler ultrasound.
Blood clot also causes leg swelling.
Without swelling it is unlikely.
And if you see improvement in your symptoms over a day or so, then that also makes blood clot unlikely.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)