Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a soft lump on my face on my cheek next to my nose…

Customer Question
I have a soft lump...
I have a soft lump on my face on my cheek next to my nose could it be allergy relaed
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/23/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
What is your age and gender?
Is it reddish or skin colored?
Is it painful,itchy?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Stuffy nose?
Do you have oily skin?
Is it fluid filled like blister?
Any other medical history?
Are you taking any medications?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.
67 male skin colored not painful or itchy yesterday somwhat oily I think so no history none
It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
I suspect this is simply a sebaceous cyst, though it could be a folliculitis. These are non-worrisome and can resolve on their own. Don't squeeze it.
Since it does not really hurt and is not causing symptoms, it is generally ok to simply see if it goes away on its own in a week time.
You should clear your face with mild anti-bacterial soap.
Also apply OTC Neosporin ointment on it for 2-3 days.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Thanks.