Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My daughter started diarrhea about 11 days ago on and off.

Customer Question
No fever no other illness...
My daughter started diarrhea about 11 days ago on and off. No fever no other illness. I got it next now for about 8 days and then my son for about 4 days
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/23/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This sounds like infectious diarrhea.
This can come from contaminated food or water.
This is an infection without doubt.
Your daughter, son and you all got the diarrhea --this suggests transmission.
This can be bacterial or parasitic infection.
Viral infection also possible to last this long sometimes
I will suggest you all to get stool tests to check for any parasitic infection which will require antibiotics.
Please contact your family doctor regarding this.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)