Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I recently had ct-abdomen-pelvis. Under the Narrative it has…

Customer Question
I recently had ct-abdomen-pelvis....
I recently had ct-abdomen-pelvis. Under the Narrative it has Cholecystectomy clips. Does that mean anything? I had a gall bladder operation about 10 years ago. I have always said I think they left something in me. I have pain in my right side most of the time.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/22/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Cholecystectomy clips means the clips used during surgery to stop bleeding and leakage of bile after removing your gallbladder.
This is a common procedure leaving behind the clips.
They are not supposed to causse lumps or pain usually.
However, sometimes these clips can cause irritation of the intestine or abdominal cavity lining causing pain.
This is not commo at all.
And another cause should be looked for with a colonoscopy and upper Gi endoscopy.
Ulcer disease should be ruled out for example.
Please see a gastroenterologist for endoscopies.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)