Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Kinda story but had a strained back last week that led me to…

Customer Question
Kinda long story but had...
Kinda long story but had a strained back last week that led me to go to the chiropractor with no relief then to a md for a steroid shot and muscle relaxor pills. Two days later the back pain was gone but started having a mild headache. I never have headaches.. Ever! After no amount of ibuprohin oe excedrine would help went bk to the chiro thinking when he aligned my back it thru my neck off. He readjusted and sd if not better in a few days to go bk to md. No relief so bk to md who gave me another shot and stronger meds for pain but still no relief.. She said my ears are clear so no sign of inner ear infection. The pressure travels and is constant. Usually rating between a 6-7 pain level causing nausia. I have the hot/ cold flashes and found laying down helps and pressure goes to only one area. It feels like i have blood between my skull and skin that floats around causing pain wherever it goes. Bumps while riding in a car are the worst.. Im at a loss.. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/21/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Hello, welcome to the site!
My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.
How long has the pain been going on?
Please list all the medication you take
Cyclibenzapr was prescribed for For back strain but i am no longer taking that as of saturday, excedrin migraine last taken yesterday around 2pm, naproxine now prescribed and took one pill this am, was given steroid shot of ? Yesterday
you don't take any other medication for other issues?
Stiff neck and base of head, when i hold my head still depending on how it is positioned the pain stays in one area but if i move around it travels
No.. No meds for anything
If i press on the part that hurts it relieves the pain but once i let off it is as if it all rushes bk to that area and hurts twice as bad for a while, then spreads out again
Headache started saturday , two days after steroid shot and has been increasing in intensity since with no significant relief other than when i sleep
the pain is more in your neck than your head?
Head- it travels.. Neck is stiff
Do you have any fevers or chills? Any nasal congestion?
Chills
Nausia, no congestion
Okay, this may be due to a sinus infection or it could be meningitis, you need to go back to your doctor or an urgent care center/ ER. You may require antibiotic treatment as soon as possible
Headed to er now
That would be best