Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Kinda long story but had a strained back last week that led

Customer Question

Kinda long story but had a strained back last week that led me to go to the chiropractor with no relief then to a md for a steroid shot and muscle relaxor pills. Two days later the back pain was gone but started having a mild headache. I never have headaches.. Ever! After no amount of ibuprohin oe excedrine would help went bk to the chiro thinking when he aligned my back it thru my neck off. He readjusted and sd if not better in a few days to go bk to md. No relief so bk to md who gave me another shot and stronger meds for pain but still no relief.. She said my ears are clear so no sign of inner ear infection. The pressure travels and is constant. Usually rating between a 6-7 pain level causing nausia. I have the hot/ cold flashes and found laying down helps and pressure goes to only one area. It feels like i have blood between my skull and skin that floats around causing pain wherever it goes. Bumps while riding in a car are the worst.. Im at a loss.. Any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome to the site!
My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.
How long has the pain been going on?
Please list all the medication you take
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cyclibenzapr was prescribed for For back strain but i am no longer taking that as of saturday, excedrin migraine last taken yesterday around 2pm, naproxine now prescribed and took one pill this am, was given steroid shot of ? Yesterday
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
So you don't take any other medication for other issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Stiff neck and base of head, when i hold my head still depending on how it is positioned the pain stays in one area but if i move around it travels
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.. No meds for anything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i press on the part that hurts it relieves the pain but once i let off it is as if it all rushes bk to that area and hurts twice as bad for a while, then spreads out again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Headache started saturday , two days after steroid shot and has been increasing in intensity since with no significant relief other than when i sleep
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
So the pain is more in your neck than your head?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Head- it travels.. Neck is stiff
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any fevers or chills? Any nasal congestion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chills
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nausia, no congestion
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this may be due to a sinus infection or it could be meningitis, you need to go back to your doctor or an urgent care center/ ER. You may require antibiotic treatment as soon as possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Headed to er now
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
That would be best