Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have similar symptoms to a post I saw you answer about…

Customer Question
Hello there. I have similar...
Hello there. I have similar symptoms to a post I saw you answer about pleural effusion. Around 3 days ago I had very bad pain in my lower front abdomen. The pain was severe and when i took a taxi ride every bump was painful. I then had to board a 30 hour train, the pain had dissapeared almost completely by the end of the journey. When i arrived at my hotel I sneezed and then my left flank hurt quite sharply. I had to then walk a while to an atm and when i sipped a fizzy drink I hiccuped which caused severe pain. Now the flank is a dull throb when laying still but when taking deep breaths, sneezing, coffing or moving it hurts signifantly more. I am currently travelling in India and am in Kolkata with no idea of how accessible doctors are. I plan to go first thing tomorrow but was hoping for maybe a little advice ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/20/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

The pain can be due to a few causes.

There can be a musculoskeletal pain which can be aggravated by movement, cough or hiccup.

Pleurisy pain can also be made worse in this way but it is usually felt in the chest area.

There is usually fever, cough with it.

Sometimes, nerve impingement pain can be there.

You need to take an examination by a local doctor, however.

Imaging like X ray, ultrasound or scan can be needed.

You can take otc Paracetamol or Brufen for pain, meanwhile.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)