Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I suspect formaldehyde posioning from a foam mattress I

Customer Question
Hi I suspect formaldehyde posioning...
Hi I suspect formaldehyde posioning from a foam mattress I bought. My symptoms brought be to the ER 3 times. I thought it was allergies very bad at that, or carbon monoxide posioning. Head throbbing, throat and mouth itching, no appetite, trouble breathing, chest tight, extreme brain fog. Very sick. Please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/20/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Have you undergone any investigations like chest X-ray,blood work so far?
Are you currently taking any medications?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Stuffy nose,cough?
Phlegm at back of throat?
Nausea?
Dizziness?
Thanks.
Waiting for your response.
Symptoms of Formaldehyde poisoning may include nose can become runny or stuffy, and the eyes may sting or tear.
Over time, repeated exposure can result in conditions like bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma.It can cause irritation in nose, eyes and throat, headache.
Respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia can occur by prolonged inhalation. Other symptoms are tightness in chest, nausea,wheezing.
Well as you describe it's good to see an ENT specialist or pulmonologist if your symptoms are getting worse over the time to rule out underlying cause like Sinusitis,Bronchitis.
OTC Allegra,Motrin can be tried.
Also steam inhalation,saline gargles can be helpful.
Remove your mattress.
Your doctor may prescribe broncho-dilator if required.
If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.
I need next steps.
Sorry for late reply. I used the system wrong.
Please ask me further query so i can help you thoroughly.
Thanks.
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)