Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My 15 yr old daughter started to complain her right wrist is…

Customer Question
My 15 yr old daughter...
My 15 yr old daughter started to complain her right wrist is hurting her at school yesterday she couldn't hardly write and said the pain going up her arm this morning it's the same it doesn't look any different but she's still in pain she hasn't had a fall or anything she can remember shall I take her to the doctors
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Health
5/19/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
It seems your requested expert is not on line.
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
There can be an inflammation of joint.
Inflammation of tendon or tenosynovitis is also possible if she uses her wrist more often.
You can give her antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin or naproxen, if there is no other contraindication.
Please give those after food to avoid irritation of stomach.
Warm application can also be soothing.
She needs to keep the wrist at rest as much as possible.
If you do notice any improvement or if she develops, redness, swelling, increased temperature, please get her an examination by doctor.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
Excellent
Thank you.
If you are satisfied, please click on the excellent button.
Best wishes.