How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 64 and have just recently started having sex again

Customer Question

I am 64 and have just recently started having sex again after a number of years. I have been getting cystitis, burning sensations, abdominal discomfort etc. etc.
The doctor has just prescribed oestragen pessaries to be inserted every night.
What can I use to lubricate the vulva/vagina area so that I stop getting the burning sensation and discomfort in the abdomen area after I have had sex?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
You can use lubricant.
Water-based lubricant JO, KY jelly, or silicone-based lubricant will help to to reduce friction.
Topical anesthetic Vagisil feminine cream can used to reduce the pain & external discomfort.
Adequate foreplay and stimulation from the partner may help to lubricate the vagina properly.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.