Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have had severe pain in neck and spasms in trapezoid area

Customer Question

I have had severe pain in neck and spasms in trapezoid area and so far 2 ortho hospitals have dismissed my pain. Has now traveled to lower spine and fractured my right hip last nov tho I did not even have a fall. My Mir from 2011 on cervical has various findings of stenosis arthritis throughout my spine. I'm at my wits end. If in conclusion notes(mind you this is a 4 yr old Mir) it says; disc disease at C4-5 retro listless mod- severe disc disease with disc protrusion indenting the spinal cord causing minor stenosis. Mild - moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis. C7-T1 broad based protrusion to right of midline. This is just the cervical Mari, the lower back Mri findings were quite substantial but I don't have copy yet. My pain seems to be u acknowledged by theses Drs - so is it all in my head or real?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome to the site!
My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.Your pain is real, you have moderate to severe degenerative changes in your cervical spine (neck). I would recommend you see a spinal surgeon to evaluate you, you may benefit from injections or a cervical laminectomy