How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Omg, I am going crazy because I have a major calcium build

Customer Question

Omg, I am going crazy because I have a major calcium build up all over my body, my eyelids, my head, it felt like it's in my skin. is there anything to take to help rid the body of the calcium. I know that I have taken a diet pill that depletes your body of calcium and I've taken them for 15 years now. I'm just now knowing what the problem is.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.
I think that you have a couple of very Separate problems that you are wanting to make a connection..
You may have calcium deposits involving the spine ...
The skin issues are probably not due to calcium however.
You may have eyelid xanthomas as a possible condition.
Some changes of calcification of spine structures may be more or less of problem. There can be extension of calcium deposits within a tendon for example but it may be such that it may not hurt or cause dysfunction. Some of these changes will occur in all of us with enough age.
I suggest that for the skin issues if these are troubling to you then consult a dermatologist for this!! A dermatologist can assess the eyelids or other areas of the skin that you may feel are troubling.
If you have back pain or problems otherwise with your back then I suggest that you see an orthopedic specialist.
If you have other reason to suspect problems with calcium metabolism then your primary care doctor can certainly TEST you for such!! Your serum calcium may be checked and nutrients and hormones connected to your calcium metabolism... (Vitamin D levels and PTH levels for example) This is the way to determine if indeed anything is amiss with your calcium metabolism.
At this point I think that it sounds that you are jumping to conclusions that may not be correct...
I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very helpful. You got right to the point and spoke in a manner that was understandable.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome!
Let me know if I may be of further help.
Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD