Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have Myasthenia Gravis and caughing up foam and earlier it

Customer Question
I have Myasthenia Gravis and...
I have Myasthenia Gravis and caughing up white foam and earlier it had green in it. It had been a couple days. My diaphragm keeps going into spasm. What is up with the constant foam?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
5/5/2015
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Do you feel any shortness of breath?
Do you have difficulty in swallowing?
Do you have fever or any other symptom?
Are you taking any medicine?

I've had myasthenia gravis for 2 years now I'm on mestonin 180 er twice daily and 120 mid day. Gabbapentin 600 three times a day for syringomyelia. Topamax for migrants from a pineal mass. I'm a little short of breath, my throat and diaphragm hurt when I cough I'm weak and no fever. And yes to the difficulty swallowing

Thank you Susan, for all the information,
There can be an infection.
Fever may not always be high.
This can be viral in nature.
White foam can come from it.
Green color can be seen at the end stage of viral or bacterial infection.
Sometimes, difficulty in swallowing from muscle weakness can cause saliva to collect & form foamy mucus.
Reflux can be a factor.
As there is spasm of diaphragm, shortness of breath, I would advise to take an examination by doctor asap to rule out a lower respiratory infection.
Doctor can take a few tests like blood count, Chest X ray, sputum test etc.
Treatment would then follow accordingly.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)