Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I had a bottom left second from back molar removed after

Customer Question
Hi I had a bottom left...
Hi
I had a bottom left second from back molar removed after lots of infection (many courses of antibiotics over 2 years). Went to a sepsis list who said I needed an extraction due to the infection of the bone moving closer to my other teeth, so I had it removed a week later. After 2 days I ended up with dry socket which I am prone too. another 2 weeks later I was still in pain, so have had a course of Metronidazole for 6 days (didn't start them for a few day), I am not on day 5 of them, nearly 4 weeks later I have a few things
Still some swelling
Some discomfort and a little pain
A pointed lump coming from the right of gum
Can you give me any advice on what I should do next?
Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Thought I should ass the the antibiotics were 200 mgs 3 a day for 6 days
Not sepsis I meant specialist
5/3/2015
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,

This can be a cyst arising from the either gum lining or the dental lining ( cyst).

This can be infected also causing pain.

So you should consider antibiotic course --clindamycin or amoxicillin for 7 days.

And see your dentist to consider its removal as well.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist