How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I splashed a small dot of jewelry cleaner containing acified

This answer was rated:

I splashed a small dot of jewelry cleaner containing acified thiourea in my eye. Have been rinsing it with water and using over-the-counter eye drops (Systane for dry eyes). Should I do anything further?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, there is no need to apply Systane in your eyes.
You only need to flush your eye with plenty of water.
You do not need to see your doctor immediately especially if there is not additional symptoms,but you need to consult an Ophthalmologist later to be 100% sure everything is fine.
However, you need to pay attention, if you experience any of these symptoms, you must contact your doctor immediately like:
-Blurred Vision
-Eye pupil alteration( they look bigger or smaller)
-Eye Swelling
-Bloody,purulent or watery secretion
-Headaches or Nausea
-Burning eyes
-You can see a visible scratch
In some cases, these chemical can produce lesions in the cornea or affect other areas like the retina and surgery could be necessary. Antibiotics will be prescribed in case of infection.
If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !
Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Dr. German and 7 other Health Specialists are ready to help you