Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

What medications are given for Rocky Mountain spotted fever

What medications are given for Rocky Mountain spotted fever that has now developed into Vasculitis. This is the 3ed week and is on Doxicycline and low dose of Prednisone. Has very swollen feet and went to the ER last night with severe swelling in a wrist and hand that caused fingers to turn white. The whole body is covered with the rash. I am so worried and think he should be hospitalized.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

Doxycycline is the best drug to treat this, but chloramphenicol is another drug that may be used, but it has serious possible side effects