911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

A few years back, I removed my left ovary because of an

Hello
A few years back, I removed my left ovary because of an ovarian cyst. I was told to take birth control to prevent new cysts from developing, which I have taken since. I often have pain in my right lower abdomen, is it possible to get ovarian cysts even on the pill?
911Doctor :

Yes, it is

911Doctor :

an ultrasound when you are having symptoms would be the way to find out if you are still having cysts

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

Ok. Thank you so much for your answer.

911Doctor :

do you have any further questions about this for me?

Customer:

No, that would be it :=)

911Doctor :

okay good

911Doctor :

here is a good reference for you

911Doctor :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. If this answer has been helpful to you please consider leaving positive feedback. Should you require my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc’, and I am usually on the site most days.

Best