Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I went to the doctor today and was told that I most likely

have folliculitis and she prescibed...
I went to the doctor today and was told that I most likely have folliculitis and she prescibed two creams. One Antibiotic and one steroid. I took two benadryl this morning. The scripts haven't been filled yet, but now I am starting to ache all over. Soreness in my back and joints. Is this related, should I be concerned that it maybe something else entirely?
11/1/2013
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : A significant enough infection may cause general symptoms such as ache in back and joints possible. BUT -- these symptoms due to folliculitis would seem unlikely!! Folliculitis is usually a limited ands or type of skin infection ....
Anthony Bray, MD : I would not expect you to have general symptoms due to the folliculitis ...
Anthony Bray, MD : I more suspect that your general aches -- back and joint pain are more likely due to a separate cause...
Anthony Bray, MD : you may try over the counter Aleve 2 tablets twice a day with food and this may be helpful ..
Anthony Bray, MD : if you had a more extensive skin infection >> red tender patch of skin -- this might mark infection called cellulitis and would be more serious if that were the case!! If cellulitis then YES - that could cause more general symptoms such as aches and fever . Follow up with your doctor if that should be the case!!
Anthony Bray, MD : i hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions or comments and let me know!!
Anthony Bray, MD : i will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray, MD : If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback! Thank you and best regards!
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer: The rash looks like bumps bites or welts. The pictures online for cellulitis look more like one big swollen area. I'll use the deficient and keep an eye out?
Anthony Bray, MD : Hello again-- I agree that you should go ahead and start the treatment that you have .... Watch for general redness of skin ... Watch for increased soreness of skin... Watch out for fever or chills... If you should develop beyond a mild folliculitis into a more serious skin infection then adding an oral antibiotic would be very likely the next step needed...
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope this helps!
Anthony Bray, MD : Let me know if you have further questions!
Anthony Bray, MD : I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray, MD : Best regards,
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor