Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had a sore throat 1 week ago and now have 3 white painful

I had a sore throat 1 week ago and now have 3 white painful sores appears to be canker sores only on one side of my tongue. Now today I have a brown stain on my tongue same side as canker sores.

Dr. Hasan :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also.

Dr. Hasan :

These canker sores form because of low immunity after such infections.

Dr. Hasan :

If you had a course of antibiotic for sore throat then this can be an additional factor also.

Dr. Hasan :

However there is nothing to worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter pastes for canker sores like colgate orobase can help you.

Dr. Hasan :

You should use a mouth wash also regularly and tylenol thrice daily will be good for pain relief.

Dr. Hasan :

If symptoms persist, see your doctor but hopefully will not be required.

Customer:

I haven't been on any antibiotics. I've been under a huge amount of stress. Recently changed filter for water as there is sulfer

Customer:

in the water.

Dr. Hasan :

It usually takes 4 to 7 days to get rid of these sores.

Dr. Hasan :

Ok i see.

Dr. Hasan :

Stress does aggravate these sores.

Dr. Hasan :

After this is over, start using any over the counter multivitamin which contains B12.

Dr. Hasan :

and other vitamin B types.

Customer:

I've had these for 5 days now no improvement with warm salt water and peroxide. Just purchased OTC canker sore relief

Customer:

products.

Dr. Hasan :

Yes it can take this much long.

Dr. Hasan :

Which canker sore relief product you have got?

Customer:

Glyoxide oral cleanser and Kanka by Blistex..

Dr. Hasan :

Well you can try it and see how it goes but colgate canker sore relief is very good.

Dr. Hasan :

Use some antiseptic mouth wash also

Customer:

Is this a viral infection?

Dr. Hasan :

It is not viral infection itself.

Dr. Hasan :

It is after effect of viral infection you got few days back.

Dr. Hasan :

If you can assess your doctor then he can prescribe you steroid oral gels that can make recovery faster.

Dr. Hasan :

But if you can't then the above over the counter recommendations can be helpful.

Customer:

Thank You Dr. Hasan for your time and help, You have eased my mind a bit!

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better now. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.