Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My left arm/shoulder feels tired/sore. Im only 25 but im

My left arm/shoulder feels tired/sore. Im only 25 but im worried about a heart attack. I had a pain yesterday that felt like it was tucked up right under my left rib cage and that has since away. Anyone help?
Hi--how long has the arm pain been going on and are the muscles tender or does it hurt to move?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well it started with the very sharp pain at the very bottom of left rib cage tuesday night/wednesday morning. It came and went. Yesterday morning, it would feel sharp and shoot into my left shoulder. Now the pain in my rib is completely gone, just my arm feels painful. Kinda under my arm too. My chest isnt in any pain or anything. I guess when i push down on my biscep it send some shock waves out after i let go.
OK Mike. This doesn't sound cardiac but I can't completely rule that out. You might have a disk problem in your neck that accounts for the arm pain. In general, if one is having an impending heart attack, there is both chest and arm pain and the chest pain doesn't let up and leave only the arm pain. I would suggest that you see a doctor about this for a cardiac evaluation but my gut says this isn't cardiac.