How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9144
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have one kidney which never functioned from birth I am 48

This answer was rated:

I have one kidney which never functioned from birth I am 48 years old female and my glucose serum is 130 egfr non 41 egfr african 47 chloride serum 10 and creatinine serum is 1.5 should I be worried I also have type 2 dybetes and high blood pressure and gout

I understand your concern and it's my first priority to serve you.

Your estimated GFR is moderately low, reflecting your elevated serum creatinine(normal range is between 0.6 and 1.2).
The number is XXXXX in context with history, symptoms, pre-existing medical conditions, medication etc.
Creatinine can be influenced by diet, weight, and age which can affect GFR results accordingly. Follow up testing will be done to confirm validity of results.
Your low eGFR indicates Kidney disease.
And kidney disease is usually associated with Diabetes and High blood pressure.
Also you need to be seen by a nephrologist for an evaluation of your kidney function. Other possible causes of decreased kidney function include autoimmune disorders of the kidneys, and obstruction of the kidneys from causes such as kidney stones.
Your serum glucose level is fine if it's random.
Normal range of random serum glucose level is 70-150 mg/dl
Kidney disease is not diagnosed based on a single result, but is defined and staged by persistent GFR levels.

You need to undergo a clinical correlation by your doctor of your blood work findings with your symptoms for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
Please rate me highly if you are satisfied with our conversation.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Dr. Anil and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you