How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Fernando Your Own Question
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
Robert Fernando is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain in my shoulders and my doctor will not give me

This answer was rated:

i have pain in my shoulders and my doctor will not give me anything but tramadol which does not work. how can i get something that will?
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Since how long are you being diagnosed for arthritis?
What is the level of pain on scale of 1-10?
Any other known medical illness?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have had arthritis for 12 years but it is getting much worse. right now the pain is about a 9. no other illnesses i have had

Dear *****
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints.But, there are many kinds of arthritis,each with different symptoms and treatments.Most types of arthritis are chronic.
The main treatment of arthritis is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).These are anti-inflammatory drugs that can also relieve pain and stiffness.Low dose corticosteroids like prednisolone may be required.Also medications like Glucosamine and Chondroitin may be prescribed.
The goal of treatment is relief of discomfort and stiffness.
You may be prescribed with medications like Vicodin.It contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone & will provide you great relief from the pan. Other option is Darvocet. It contains acetaminophen and propoxyphene.Also you can be prescribed with ultram.
As the pain is very severe now,I advice you to go to ER now as you may need shots for the pain relief & then prescribed with these oral medications.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Robert Fernando and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you