Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

My daughter 12 years got fever and headache since last 3

My daughter 12 years got fever and headache since last 3 days also vomit twice. We checked blood tested for Dengue MP Widal all are normal but in CBC Pletletts count was 156000 than reduced to 135000 in just 24 hrs She is getting fevel 102 every 6 hours and we give paracetamol than fever goes for 6 hours. Hemoglobin in 12 now she is given Oflox 200 twice a day and crocis paracetamol when fever. Also she got some red spots patches on her face and palm
Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

What was her white blood cell count?

Customer:

WE CHECKED 2 DAYS BACK IT WAS 156000 THAN TODAY EVENING IT IS 136000

Dr. Brims :

Those are her platelets, I want to know her white blood cell count

Customer:

DO U MEAN lEUCOCYTES?

Dr. Brims :

yes

Customer:

3390

Dr. Brims :

What about her lymphocytes and neutrophils?

Customer:

LYMPHOCYTES 25

Dr. Brims :

And her neutrophils?

Customer:

74%

Dr. Brims :

Okay, this is not likely a bacterial infection, it is likely a viral infection, the rash on her hands may be caused by parvovirus

Customer:

OK SO ITS VIRAL INFECTION SHE GETS FEVER UPTO 102 AND WE HAVE TO GIVE PARACETAMOL EVERY 6 HOURS AND VERY HEAD ACHE ALSO

Customer:

WHAT IS PARVOVIRUS

Dr. Brims :

It is a virus

Customer:

SO WHAT TREATMENT, HOW MUCH RISK ON MY DAUGHTER, NEED ADMISSION IN HOSPITAL?

Dr. Brims :

Treatment is likely just with paracetamol, she should not need admission to the hospital, if it persists you should have her return to her doctor for another cbc

Customer:

OKAY WHAT PRECAUTIONS... I FEEL HER PLETLETS ARE CONTINUE FALLING AS 1ST REPORT 156000 AND SECOND 135000 AND SAME TIME MAEMOGLOBIN FIRST REPORT 13.40 AND SECOND 12.9 I AM WORRIED , ALSO WHAT ABOUT HER DIET?

Customer:

HAEMOGLOBIN*

Dr. Brims :

She can eat anything she wants, her platelets and hemoglobin are not low enough to be concerned

Customer:

BUT SHE GETS REPEATED FEVER AND HEADACHE, TILL WHAT TIME IT WILL CONTINUE?

Dr. Brims :

It may continue for 7 days

Customer:

I ALSO GAVE HER OFLOX 200 MG TWICE AND ALERID TABLET (CETZEN) FOR ALERGIC AS PER DR. INSTRUTION

Dr. Brims :

Ok, you should follow her doctors instructions

Customer:

ANY OTHER ADVISE FROM YOU

Dr. Brims :

Make sure she drinks lots of fluids

Customer:

OKAY SIR THANK YOU VERY MUCH. HOPE THAT SHE IS NOT ON RISK I AM WORRIED

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you are worried you should take her to the hospital

Customer:

HERE DOCTORS ARE GIVING MEDICINES ON ASSUMPTION LIKE ONE DR. SUGGESTED TO GIVE ANTI MALARIA TABLET EVEN THE MP RESULT WAS NEGATIVE SO I AM TAKING PRECAUTION BY ADMITTING HER IN HOSPITSAL

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

WILL NOT TAKE YOUR MUCH TIME PLEASE LASLTLY GIVE ME YOUR FINAL ADVISE BASED ON ALL INFORMATION I GIVE YOU, ONE DR. ALSO SAID SHE MAY SUFFER FROM BLEEDING IF PLETLETS COUNTS GOES DOWN FURTHER SO PLEASE CHECK ABOVE DETAILS ONCE MORE AND GIVE YOUR FIANL ANSWER

Dr. Brims :

My answer is the same, there is no risk of bleeding with her platelets above 30,000

Customer:

OKAY I WILL GET CBC CHECKED ONCE MORE IN TWO DAYS IF FEVER CONTINUES< IS THAT OKAY OR I CHECK JUST MORNING AFTER 24 HOURS OF LAST CHECK UP ISNT IT THAT IT FALLS VERY FAST?

Dr. Brims :

Checking it in 2 days is fine

Customer:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. LAST QUESTION CAN I GIVE HER MILK TO DRINK AND NON VEG FOOD AND COCONUT WATER

Dr. Brims :

Yes, she can drink all of those

Customer:

GOOD NIGHT SIR... WILLGET IN TOUCH U ONCE REQUIRED THROUGH SAME CHANNEL.. BYE

Dr. Brims :

Good night

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other question you may click a rating button

Customer:

OKAY SIR