Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have a redish sort of bump on my penis shaft which is

i have a redish sort of bump on my penis shaft which is quite hard it appeared this morning it looks sort of like a pimple but bigger what could this be?
Hi--when was your last episode of unprotected sex? Any chance of posting a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for replying and i havnt had unprotected sex and yes i will post one now

OK--I'll wait
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK--this looks like molluscum contagiosa--a viral condition somewhat like the common wart on one's finger. Nothing serious and usually these resolve on their own in a few weeks. They can become multiple sometimes. There isn't anything for you to do about it other than wait it out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are they contagious?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i searched it and it doesnt look like the pictures i have a girlfriend and we want too have sex would this mean she would catch it also? it seems more like a sebaceous cyst

Very rarely it can be transmitted to another person but only with skin to skin contact until it disappears. It may not look like the typical molluscum as yet because it's so new. While it could be a sebaceous cyst I wouldn't expect that to have gotten this large overnight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so if i was too have unprotected sex with her it would mean i would transmit it. im uploading another photo just too make sure sorry to be a pain i just want too be sure

I understand but I really think this is molluscum and fairly soon the dimple in the center that makes it look like a volcano cone will appear. So long as you use a condom there won't be any transmission of the virus