Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Dermatologist or General Medicine: Now I noticed on my

Dermatologist or General Medicine : Hello...
Dermatologist or General Medicine :
Hello Doctor,
Now I noticed on my inside upper lips very small white points or bumps not even visible if we do not look closer. Located in the middle and on one side. It does not hurt at all and I cannot feel them with my tongue.
What is this ? How can I make the difference with a fungal infection ?
Once Again, I am worried and very anxious.
Please help me
10/24/2013
Robert Fernando
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Any associated symptoms like pain?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Hello Doctor,

1. I noticed that 1 month ago because I was checking myself

2. No medication

3. No pain at all

It is very very very little.

Dear *****, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, some of the common symptoms associated with fungal infection in moth are-
White, cream-colored, or yellow spots ,The spots are slightly raised.
And if you scrape off these spots, they leave small wounds that bleed slightly. It would also cause, uncomfortable burning sensation in the mouth and throat.
In your case, i would not worry for fungal infection.
You have very very little spots, it could be Fordyce's granules.
These are small clumps of sebaceous glands that are located on the border of the lips, inside of lips or inside the mouth. They appear like white spots.
They are no cause of worry at all, they are perfectly normal glands, only their location makes them visible.
They are harmless, not contagious and are not caused by an infection.
No need to get panic. As such they don't need any treatment.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Best wishes

Thank you Doctor.

Before my excellent rating, If it does not burn and does not make some uncorfortable sensation it sure it is not fungal ?

By the way if i try to scratch them, nothing appears.

Should I move on and get out of concern ?

Julie, Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.
Yes, I am pretty sure, this is not a fungal infection.
No need to get panic, this is not a fungal infection, and is not indicative of any other serious issue.
As such it don't need any treatment.
Best wishes
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor