Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have been treating fr yeast infections for the last two to

three weeks and I can't...
I have been treating fr yeast infections for the last two to three weeks and I can't seem to totally get rid of it.I've used the pill and monostate and I still get it back I wondering if using the In-tone device is causing the infections.
10/21/2013
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello Cheryl ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

InTone device usually is not responsible for recurrence or inability to get rid of the yeast infection. Some women experience chronic recurrent vulvovaginitis, which often require long-term or prophylactic oral azole therapy for control. So for that, the recommended regimen is fluconazole 150 mg every other day for 3 doses, followed by weekly fluconazole 150-200 mg for 3 months. This regimen abate the symptoms and prevents further recurrence in majority of women.

Boric acid wash for vagina can be used in resistant cases, as an alternative measure with the consultation of your physician. A specific culture; Nickerson or Sabouraud mediums should be performed in refractory or recurrent cases of vaginal candidiasis to confirm the infection. So you can talk to your doctor to get this culture before you start the treatment.

Women who do not improve with above can use, clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal suppositories administered once per week for three months which is also effective.

Also avoid (if you do) following;

1) panty liners,

2) pantyhose,

3) sexual lubricants

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

When you said not to use panty liners I use them a lot so maybe that's what causing the infections I was kind of wondering about it but now what am I suppose to use for leakage and maybe surgery is a better answer than using the In-Tone What are the % of surgery to be the better alternative?

Hello Cheryl,

Surgical care for urinary incontinence involves following procedures;

1) bladder neck suspension,
2) periurethral bulking therapy
3) midurethral slings
4) artificial sphincter

All have about 95% success rate.

It is privilege assisting you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)