Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have had three periods within the past 4 weeks (1 month)

I have had three periods within the past 4 weeks (1 month) this is the first time this has every occurred as I am normally quite regular in this regard.
All three have lasted around 4 days and have been no heavier or lighter than I would normally be. I have been on contraception for well over a year and a half now and this is the first time I have experienced this

In my opinion you should undergo an ultrasound examination of pelvis/Trans vaginal sonography.
Also blood work like LH,FSH,Prolactin,TSH may be advised as well.
The medical term for uterine bleeding at irregular intervals especially in between periods is called as metorrhagia.
The causes of metorrhagia include uterine fibroid,adenomyosis,endometriosis, hormonal imbalance etc to name a few.
I hope this helps