Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I keep having one problem turn into another. I had an

I keep having one problem turn into another. I had an embarrassing moment on Friday where I relived my stools in my underwear and did not have an opportunity to cleanse myself until an hour later. After which time I started feeling bowel discomfort and peeing was burning and after a few hours given to the sense of peeing razor blades. A quick question to here noted that I should go to urgent care and have my urine tested. That this was not something that could be alleviated with cranberry juice. I had started drinking cranberry juice in hopes to get a head start. I continued through Friday night, expecting to go to urgent care Sat morn. But that morning, my pee felt normal. I continued to drink the cranberry juice as it still smelled stronger than normal. Part way through Sat my throat started feeling raw. As the day went on it hurt more and I was losing my voice. I stopped drinking the cranberry juice this morning but my throat is still raw and hurts to swallow and talk. I have no other symptoms for like allergies or a cold. I think all that juice was too acidic. I'm curious what will help it heal.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. There are two possibilities. Either this is due to acidic juice or it can be some sort of infection. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab Tylenol thrice daily and tab zantac twice daily can help you. Avoid advil or aleve. Avoid smoking, drinking and spicy foods. Observe voice rest, neither shout nor whisper. Take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily. Avoid cranberry juice but drink other fluids. If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully you will feel better soon. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards