How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Fernando Your Own Question
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
Robert Fernando is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump on my cheek it sticks out its been there over

This answer was rated:

I have a lump on my cheek it sticks out its been there over a week now what can it be ?
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Is this lump painful?
Is there any discharge from this lump?
Any other known medical illness?
Is there fever?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it doesn't hurt and I have no fever either just a lump they gave me antibiotics cream but it doesn't seem to be working
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no there's no medical illness or discharge
Dear Fallon,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
A lump on the cheek can be due to varied causes.This can be a cyst or growth.
It can arise from parotid salivary gland or from sebaceous gland.
Another possibility can be of enlarged lymph node.Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.A biopsy and culture of the affected area or node may reveal the cause of the inflammation.
You need following tests:
-Complete blood count(CBC)
-Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC)
-Antinuclear antibody tests
-Auto antibody tests
Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) may be done.In this technique, a thin, hollow needle is inserted into the mass/lump to extract cells that will be examined under a microscope. based on this the exact diagnosis can be made.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Robert Fernando and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions