Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

About once/month, a very benign movement will result in an

immediate bruise on the palm...
About once/month, a very benign movement will result in an immediate bruise on the palm side of finger or the underneath of a toe. My guess is a small vessel ruptures, it stings immediately and the bruise appears immediately.
I am otherwise a healthy 54yo female, taking HRT, no other meds, nkda, not overweight. In the last 3 years, I also occasionally get those red, pettichia type bruises on the forearm that last about one week. I am concerned about some peripheral vascular condition.
10/13/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Did you have any test in this regard?

How is last your blood count?

When was it done?

Do you have any other symptom?

had a cbc a year or so ago and all is normal.

no tests done other than cbc.

Thank you for the information,

Some people get easy bruising, specially with age the skin becomes thin, possibility of bruises can increase.

Often the cause may not be apparent or mild trauma can cause it.

The other causes are low platelet count, allergy ,autoimmune diseases/ vasculitis etc.

Sometimes, coagulation defect can have a role.

Though your last CBC was normal,

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor..

Repeat blood tests can be taken.

Fresh vegetables, fruits can be helpful if there is any vitamin deficiency.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied. I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

I hope to work with you again soon!

Regards.

would evidence of coagulations defects, von Willebrands, thromboctopenia, Ehlers Danlos, Raynauds, etc show up on basic cbc?

I know these are far fetched and I would likely have other symptoms, but want to know b4 doing another cbc. I am a very difficult draw.

CBC often includes platelet count.
That would detect thrombocytopenia.
For Von Willibrand, Raynaud's etc. different tests to check the levels of factors would be needed.
However, basic CBC level is often important.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)