Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a bout of seizures the first week of June that

Customer Question
required hospitalization and phenobarbital....
I had a bout of seizures the first week of June that required hospitalization and phenobarbital. Will it show up on a 10 point urine test that I'm taking tomorrow? Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Health
10/3/2013
Health Professional: 911Doctor, Doctor replied 4 years ago
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor :

Phenobarbital has a long half life

911Doctor :

depending on which reference you use it can be 3-6 days

911Doctor :

typically it takes 4-5 half lives for a drug to be eliminated from the body

911Doctor :

so that would be about 30 days at the outside

911Doctor :

this should mean you will test negative for barbituates on the test (phenobarb)

911Doctor :

so no, it will not show

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

Thank you.

911Doctor :

you are most welcome

911Doctor :

do you have any other questions for me?

Customer:

No.

911Doctor :

very well

911Doctor :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. If this answer has been helpful to you please consider leaving positive feedback. Should you require my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc’, and I am usually on the site most days.

Best

911Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor