Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to help you with your concerns.
The common symptoms of mold exposure will be persistent cough, sometimes productive cough, shortness of breath, wheezing.
Sore throat or scratchy throat, sometimes itchy body rash also may be observed.
These symptoms may appear within 2-3 weeks of exposure.
Will I die after being exposed to this stuff? Should I wear a mask?
no you wont die.
Do not worry about that.
You may wear face mask.
Also use a HEPAfilter equipped vacuum cleaner.
You can also use indoor air cleaner to reduce the mold allergens.
I do have somewhat of a scratchy throat, should I take an otc or see a doc?
you can see a otc antihistamine like Zyrtec daily.
Does not sound concerning.
oh good, thanks mysticdoc,,I just needed to feel ok about this. Don't want to get really sick from this stuff. The whole house seemed to be covered in this stuff since the Sandy Storm hit us. I will sleep good knowing this won't kill me :-)
You should do fine.
Consider zyrtec for now about a month till your house gets clean.
Thanks again, I give you high rating :-)