Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hello. Im having some strange symptoms for 6 days now. Ive

Hello. I'm having some strange symptoms for 6 days now. I've had several dizzy spells, to the point of nausea. My BP is slightly high (140/88 Pulse 86), but still in normal range. I haven't had any medication changes, I'm 44, and generally healthy and active. I decided to test my glucose level to rule in / rule out diabetes. I'm at 93 fasting, so again seems normal to me. I've been fighting a long standing cold (about 2-3 weeks), and my first thought was inner ear infection, but a quick scope doesn't show any indication of infection. I have the normal post cold stuffiness, but nothing that would lead me to think it's a sinus infection.. so now I'm stumped.. thoughts? Thanx -Mike

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

mysticdoc :

Your blood pressure is not that high to cause dizziness.

mysticdoc :

Your fasting blood sugar is also normal.

mysticdoc :

However, you do have sinus congestion.

mysticdoc :

This can cuse dizziness commonly as sinuses are air spaces meant to lighten the head weight.

mysticdoc :

When tey are congested the balance may be affected.

mysticdoc :

Besides, acute labyrinthitis inflammation of the inner ear balance organ will not be seen from the outside.

mysticdoc :

The diagnosis is made by presumption when non other conditions present.

mysticdoc :

Other possibilities can be cardiac arrhythmia --you should at least feel some palpitations, or a stroke --dizziness should be worsening progressively even if no other symptom present.

Customer:

I have a murmer.. but that has never been an issue.

mysticdoc :

ok murmur is often benign.

Customer:

I did a baseline EKG several years ago, nothing special

mysticdoc :

However, a worsening murmur can be suggestive of heart valve problem.

mysticdoc :

an echocardiogram should be consider to investigate a murmur.

Customer:

ok, how long to put up with this before I seek additional attention? opinion of course.

mysticdoc :

you can try a decongestant like sudafed 60 mg every 6 hours to see how you fare over next 2-3 days.

mysticdoc :

If no signs of improvement, then you should see your doctor.

Customer:

fair enough. thanx! I'll give it a shot and see if it improves. Since there are no other symptoms, ie. racing heart/radiating pain or palpitations.. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX is heart related.. just very annoying is all :/

mysticdoc :

yes i understand.

mysticdoc :

Does not sound alarming currently.

Customer:

agreed.

mysticdoc :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
Best wishes,
Please rate the chat Good or Excellent ( smiley faces), if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer:

never used this before, so thank you for a nice introduction to the system.. a lot faster than getting into my GP ;)

mysticdoc :

very welcome

mysticdoc :

Please do come back in future and follow the above link