Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have swelling on the side of my right thigh. It's a little…

Customer Question
I have swelling on the...
I have swelling on the side of my right thigh. It's a little tender, like a bruise, but not too bad. It's about the size of my open hand--that thickness and circumference. I don't think there's much color change, although I don't remember some of the small veins that I see now. I feel like it's gotten a bit bigger over the last couple of days. I may have gotten a bang on that area while I was doing some heavy work, but if it were a hematoma from that, wouldn't it look more like a bruise? I noticed it about 10 days ago. Thank you!
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Health
10/2/2013
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 4 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Are you overweight?
Is area warm to touch?
Do you have associated pain?
Is the swelling hard or soft?
Any other medical illness?
Are you taking any medicines?
Thanks dear.

Hi, yes, I'm overweight, about 190 (which is newish--I had gastric bypass 7 years ago and have done well till a hysterectomy a year ago). The area feels just a little warm. I don't have any pain there, other than the mild tenderness. It feels like a pumped up muscle. No other illnesses. I take a multi-vitamin, calcium, B-12, iron and Pepcid AC.

Thank you!

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,such swelling is getting worse over the time so you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and if possible get an urgent medical attention to rule out underlying possible differential diagnosis like Deep vein Thrombosis,Cellulitis,Lymphatic Obstruction,Cyst.
You should take OTC Advil.
And elevate your leg.
You can also make an appointment with your doctor today.
Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.
Hope you are doing well.
If you would like any additional information or have more questions regarding your health problem please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate me high(Excellent service) and accept my answer if you are satisfied.
Thanks.