Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have small red spots on my skin. They are the size of a

I have small red spots on my skin. They are the size of a pencil eraser. They do not itch. They do not ooze. They ARE very dry. They are on my stomach, thighs and back. I've tried a cortisone ointment - although it fades it...a teenie tiny bit, they never go away. I seem to be getting more and more as time goes on. I have them about a year or so. They look like chicken pox. Any help or direction you can give me would be great. I did go the Dr. who prescribed the ointment.
Thank you
Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seekI am sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

Have you had a skin biopsy?

Customer:

No I haven't. They are not really clustered together. They are peppered through out my back, thighs and stomach areas. I can peel (sorry this is gross) the upper layer of skin on this spots as its so dry. The ointment prescribed is Triamcinolone 0.1% . I've used the entire tube but there is no improvement. The prescription allows for 5 more refills. Its seems silly to order more when the first tube didn't work.

Dr. Brims :

Did you see a dermatologist?

Customer:

Well, kind of. I was my Ogyn appt. when i brought up the spots. She call the dermatologist who came downstairs to the exam room. She took a quick look and said try this and if it doesn't' work, they can give my 'light' treatments. Like heated light. Although she didn't seem too keen on that idea. This condition is very unsightly. Otherwise they don't hurt or itch.

Customer:

*obgyn

Dr. Brims :

I understand, this may be require a stronger steroid cream that the one you tried, I think you should see a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy

Customer:

Okay. I'll make an appt. with the dermatologist.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome