How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. R. Bora Your Own Question
Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5233
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. R. Bora is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a police officer in New York I need help for anxiety

This answer was rated:

I am a police officer in New York I need help for anxiety attacks , If I am prescribed an anti depressant, will that prevent me from continuing to work?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

What anti anxiety drug has been prescribed and at what dose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I called my regular MD and he prescribed Paxil without really talking to me, I haven't taken it yet.because I've heard bad things about it. I feel I should see a psychiatrist instead and let him prescribe something

Thanks Ralph for getting back to me.

Seeing a psychiatrist is obviously a good option for you.
Paxil is not a bad drug but starting with something like a low dose xanax is another option open for you. This drug has very less side effects and is suitable for most people.

You can even discuss about xanax with your primary care doctor.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please leave behind a positive feedback if you liked my answer to give credit for my time and expertise. Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Dr. R. Bora and other Health Specialists are ready to help you