Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Dr chip only please....did you get my message about the MRI

tomorrow I am having on...
Dr chip only please....did you get my message about the MRI tomorrow I am having on my knee? And my doctors actions?
9/30/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Hi--just got on here--let me know when you're back on
Hi doctor, I am back online now.
I will behaving a MRI today and another one on Friday so now that I don't really have a do for I will need to give you the report for some clarification of what it means.
No problem--let me know when you have the results
Doctor why would this doctor dismiss me as a patient? I have done everything she asked except go to the physical therapy for my knee and that is because I didn't think we had proper information what wrong with it for therapy and I know she said my insurance wouldn't cover it unless I had therapy I did call my carrier to ask them and they gave me a reference number to give her so she would know all MRI'S are covered without any preauthorizations she was really mad about that. I don't understand this.
I don't either--really that wasn't a proper reason for dismissing you
Well let me ask you a question here...we only did the one X-ray and after that X-ray because they were twisting my knee and leg so much it escalated and got worse enough to where I had to walk on a cane. Was I wrong in not going to therapy for that? Somehow it did not make sense to me when we really did not know what is wrong with the knee yet. Also after her and the nurse told me my insurance wouldn't cover it I would think most people would call their carrier to ask why especially if they had a PPO. So I called to only to find out that the doctor and nurse were not telling me the truth.i wonder he dismissal has something to do about the obamacare kicking in next month. Or I felt like she had talked to the other doctor about me because she referred me back to him and then stormed out of her office. And I never even told her who I had seen last she must have gotten it off of my X-rays. The problem I am facing now is any new doctor I see will see my X-rays and know who treated me and might call her this doesn't seem fair that she will not be honest about me I haven't done anything wrong I even stayed off of this site for a while because she was mad about that.
I fully agree that the problem needs to be determined first before any therapy is instituted

okay well thank you for that determination doctor. I was wondering if I was wrong like she said by not listening to her and going to physical therapy first. Well I found another doctor and he is new to the area. I will go see him October 8. How can I get this new doctor to do his own evaluations on me medical issues? I don't understand why they feel they need to get other physicians records all the time. If we the patients felt another doctor as helping us we would still be with them. I never sign their release forms asking for my records from other doctors. Is there anything I can do doctor to prevent this from happening again? I am feeling very let down these days with the medical doctors especially in this area where I live.

Please doctor do not misinterpret what I am saying I am no way talking about you at all. You have helped me more then any doctor I have every seen in person and you are online. I am grateful to your expertise and patience through this medical journey we have been on together the last year.

Well, the previous records are more important for all the labs and studies and medications and presumed diagnoses

well doctor its not fair to have another doctor say something about me that is not true or to elude that I get my medical help online from other doctors and don't listen to the one who is actually treating me. This is unprofessional and unethical in my opinion.

I fully agree

Thank you again for being here for me. I will get back with you when I can get my hands on the reports she won't give them to me she said they will need to be transferred to a doctor. She just wants to know who I am going to so she can ruin that relationship. The devil even shows in hand in the medical industry. I will get a copy of the records and read them to you.

Thank you

My pleasure Sonja--let me know when you have the information
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Doctor Chip only,
I just received a voice mail message from my doctors office. The message form the nurse was I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon as I have torn the meniscus. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS DOCTOR? AD SHE WANTED ME TO GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR THIS? OH MY GOSH!!! I am livid!!! Doctor my knee has been hurt for about 3 weeks or more now and I had to fight to get the MRI and because I went over her head to get the MRI approved and was dismissed because of this. I am just sick over this.

I understand Did they make the referral for you?

They gave me two doctors to choose from and of course it was after hours when they called so I could not reach anyone but left a message of who I prefer they refer me to. I received the report via fax here is what it says:

Menisci: Gross;y abnormal. there is a complex area of high signal intensity seen predominantly along the inferior surface of the junction of the body and posterior horn of the medical meniscus. A superimposed apical tear at the body is also noted. The lateral meniscus is discoid having lateral dimension of 21mm. No tear is seen, despite its discoid configuration.

Cruciate Ligaments: Intact

collateral ligaments: Intact

Patellofemoral compartment: Patellar an quadiceps tendons are normal.

No significant effusion.

Joint spaces and articular surfaces: Fluid is seen in the lateral compartment. the articular cartilage is otherwise well preserved.

Periarticular soft tissues: fluid is noted in the popliteus tendon sheath, a non specific finding and usually representing a reservoid for joint fluid.

Bones: unremarkable

Other finddings: None significant

Impressions:

1) Complex tear involing the predominately the undersurface and apex of both the body and posterior horn of the meniscus as described in detail above.

2) Discoid lateral meniscus without a tear

3) Tenosynovitis of the popliteus tendon.

OK. While I'd still send you to PT you may well need arthroscopic surgery because there's a major piece of the meniscus--cartilage--that's torn

Doctor is it possible that the meniscus could heal itself?

No, not heal but with therapy it might stop causing your pain

I have a lot of the pain under control with ice and celebrex. Once in a while I get a pain shooting up my thigh and the inside of my thigh feels tender and that tenderness goes up pretty high. I just came from the physical therapy for the positional vertigo. The therapists said you have vertigo but you do not have positional vertigo.

He ask why I haven't been back I told him I hurt my knee and explained what had happened. I also explained about the doctor putting me on a 30 day notice since she is the one show sent me to him in the first place. He said if I were you I would call and apologize to her because she is the doctor you want to keep seeing. I said what I have nothing to apologize for I haven't done anything wrong. In my opinion the doctors owes me an apology. I have the right as a patient to ask for a certain xray and I also have a right to call my own insurance carrier to see what is covered and what is not.

You have all those rights and you don't owe her an apology. Let me know what the orthopedic surgeon says
I can't even see the surgeon until 10/31.
I started walking with my cane again as I don't want to damage a hip or anything factor another area of the body more. The pain has pretty much gone. I do feel some burning but as long as I don't twist it it feels okay.
That's fine for now--just be careful
Is it safe to bear weight on the left foot or leg as long as info not twist it?
Sure
Doctor do they have to put you in a deep sleep for the surgery? I am worried about the anesthetic because I am always dizzy. FYI the PT said I do not have positional vertigo. It doesn't look like you are on here much anymore.
Sorry--I've been sick. They can do the surgery under spinal anesthesia
sorry you are not feeling well doctor. I hope u get to feeling better real soon.
Doctor if I don't want the deep sleep or the spinal would there be any other way? I do not want a spinal. Would it be possible to get something like what I had with the Gastro? How long does this procedure take place do u know? I heard from a few people that it is micro surgery is that correct?
Please advise thank you.
You could have it with a regional--leg only--block and some sedation. The surgery itself takes about half an hour to forty-five minutes and it's done with a scope and small incisions

Dr Chip,

I have had like heartburn all day. I took a Zantac and took a couple of tums, took a baby aspirin. No real pain just feels like heartburn. Its 11:06pm here and I still have it .Not sure if its stress or what I have alot of stress going on right now.I drank some milk and ice water it felt like it was cooling it down but still here. It also feltlike the heartburn was moving down in the V area of the top of my stomach. I can't see the surgeon until 10/31 he is booked. I haven't received the reports yet on the cervical or the lumbar MRI. i will call and ask tomorrow for a copy of the report.

Let me know what you think about this heartburn feeling please.

Let me know when you're back on
I am back on.Yesterday the heartburn went away pretty good but today it's back. And I woke up with a ache between the shoulder blades from sleeping on my recliner took a Celebrex and that paint is gone pretty good but the heartburn is still here took a Zantac and drank some half and half. I hope you are feeling better doctor! I noticed you came on but now you are gone. I was hoping to speak with you tonight.Please let me know if you come back on.Thank you.
I'm back now
I am back online as well. So I took two gas x and 4 tums last night took a shower vacuumed a little made my bed and slept pretty well. I also took a Zantac 3 hours before all of this. But I am laying in bed right now and I feel the heartburn coming back.
what does that feel like?
It's just burning in the chest somewhat low. I actually slept pretty good although I woke up at 3:30 looked at the clocked and 4:30 and 5:30 not sure why I did that. But no back ache and I slept in my Bed not the recliner. When I sit up its not really bad it's worse while I am laying down. I don't want it to come back like last night anything I can do? I was talking to a Dr Saha for a couple of hours last night. The only problem with those tums are they make me constipated and then I have another issues and I am hurting in another area.
Try some bicarbonate in water
Bicarbonate water what is that?
I am not sure what I can eat or drink right now. I usually drink coconut water right now and take my vitamins. Sorry it took so long to respond again I hate to use the bathroom and the cat wanted to be fed before I sat down again.bicarbonate water?
Baking soda--it neutralizes acid. Just stay away from acidic foods like tomatoes, oranges, etc. Dear, we need to close this page with a rating--it's very long
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
I will open another page as I hav ea few more questions for you.
No problem
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)